Español: Haz clic en CC para activar los subtítulos.
This is the trailer of our new film: ‘Phenomenality’.
- WORLD PREMIERE | 16th San Francisco Documentary Festival, California, USA (2017)
- WINNER | Audience Award – DOC LA., Los Angeles, USA (2017)
- WINNER | 2nd place Jury Award – Audience Awards, Los Angeles, USA (2017)
- WINNER | Best Directing – International Film Competition of Bali (2017)
- WINNER | Rising Star – International Film Competition of Bali (2017)
- SEMI-FINALIST | Near Nazareth Festival, Israel (2017)
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Flickerfest International Short Film Festival, Australia (Academy Award® Accredited, 2018); Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival, China (2017); Sofia Independent Film Festival, Bulgaria (2017); San Pedro International Film Festival, California, USA (2017); Noosa Surf Film Festival, Australia (2017); Barcelona Planet Film Festival, Spain (2017).
‘This is the story of a man who drowned… and came back from the dead to sleep with the world’s most iconic supermodel, Twiggy. A big wave pioneer who “died more times than Jesus”, a man who constantly risked his life to find life, to find the edge or reason and overcome it. His name is Ric Friar and this is a story of ‘Phenomenality’. And like all good movies there was sex, death, bar brawls, and a heap of shit. Friar literally became the “King of Poo” and made a fortune in the process. It’s a life that sequences more like a feature length dream: a truly wild concoction of adventures constantly intersecting with equal measures of insanity and bravado, an unbridled grabbing of life by tha balls.’ – Matt Whiteley | North Journal